All advantages at a glance:
– Good heat stability, passes normally through the extruder under the temperature range of 150 –260°C when carrying out temperature trials of cleaning filament on the 3D printer.
– The slight adhesive quality, allows the removal of residual filaments to prevent the clogging of the extruder
– It resists even at high temperatures and does not break easily.
– It prevents high‐extrusion temperature filaments from cooling and solidifying inside the extruder.
– During the interchange of filaments with different extrusion temperatures, using the cleaning filament as an intermediary filament to pass through the extruder can prevent low-extrusion temperature filaments from breaking and clogging the extruder.
HOW TO DO IT:
The process is quite simple even for beginners, and all you need to know is how to manually extrude filament. Follow these easy 5 steps:
1. Heat up the hotend to the standard operating temperature at which you would typically print with, preferably matching the required temperature of the filament that you’ve most recently printed with.
2. After the hotend and nozzle are heated up, remove the Bowden tube or clear space to access the top of the hotend where the filament is typically inserted.
3. Gently insert the cleaning filament into the top of the hotend and begin to manually extrude it by simply pushing it into the hotend with a gradual amount of force until the filament starts to come out from the nozzle.
4. Turn off the heating unit for the nozzle and continue manual extrusion until the filament coming out of the nozzle is completely white, or until it becomes too difficult to manually extrude the filament due to the cooling of the nozzle.
5. Remove the cleaning filament from the top of the hotend and check if the end of it is clean. If it is, then you can consider your work done.
Note: If after point no.5 the cleaning filament is stained, coloured or has small bits stuck to it, cut off the dirty end, heat up the nozzle again and repeat the process from the step no. 3.
The entire process should take not more than 15 min. Once you become accustomed with the entire process it can take significantly less.
TO BE DONE WHEN:
-You are moving from dark to light filaments and want to ensure colour clarity
-You want to improve the flow of your hotend and nozzle for best print results
-Before a big or important printing process to ensure high quality results and avoid unexpected interruptions
Cleaning your hotend and nozzle with the cleaning filament is a simple, easy and effective way to do it.
Disclaimer: 3dfdiscount cannot be held liable for any damage caused to the 3d printer during the cleaning process due to excessive force applied or wrong manipulation. Follow the same guidelines provided by the manufacturer of your 3d printer used for inserting end removing conventional printing filaments.